Octal AVIP MIPS
Based on the award winning Octal helmet, Octal MIPS has been further developed and equipped with MIPS technology (Multidirectional Impact Protection System) to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact.
The Octal helmet provides more coverage and additional protection of the temples and back of the head and the EPS liner is strategically thicker in the most exposed areas.
The fully wrapped unibody shell construction functions as a monocoque and enhances the safety properties and construction integrity of the helmet while maintaining a low weight.
POC has approached ventilation in a unique way and instead of using many small vents, Octal has fewer, but larger, ventilation slots. This ventilation design allows more air to ﬂow through the helmet, which also results in improved aerodynamic performance.
The lightweight size adjustment system ensures a comfortable and secure ﬁt while the Coolbest padding helps reduce the temperature in the interface between the helmet and head.
As a part of the AVIP concept, Octal MIPS comes in high visibility colours,
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System)
- High performance EPS liner, optimized in density
- Fully wrapped unibody PC shell construction
- Superior ventilation, using POC’s unique ventilation design
- Size adjustment system
- Straps molded into liner
- Temperature regulating Coolbest padding
- Colour combinations and reﬂective patches for enhanced visibility
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet
- AVIP sticker kit for improved visibility
- S 50-56 cm (210g)
- M 54-60 cm (215g)
- L 56-62 cm (225g)
- Hydrogen White/Hydrogen White
- Zink Orange/Hydrogen White
- EN1078 (10613)
- CPSC 12.03 (10617)
Octal AVIP MIPS